Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet...

The last few years have been hard for me around the holidays for a number of reasons. Growing up I always was with my entire family. The memories we created and the lessons I learned I carry with me and treasure all the days of my life.

Instead of dwelling on negativity I am thankful for my blessings. My son has matured and has a job, is doing good in school and is in a relationship with a sweet girl who I adore. My mother who has had health issues is not only surviving but thriving. I have a really great relationship with my Sister and her children that brings me so much joy. I have a true friend in Samantha who lifts me up with encouragement and laughter. My Aunts Colette and Helen always have my back and are literally just a phone call away. Always there it's never a NO- maybe a not this second lol.

I have found true love in my Kitty Lucky. I am not a animal lover AT ALL but my Baby is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. All he wants is love and affection. He lit a fire in me that for a long time lay cold and I am forever grateful.

Last but certainly not least I am in love with my best friend. Born 5 years and two days apart we are so alike that it's scary sometimes. Our relationship isn't perfect but who knows where I would be if he wasn't in my life. Each holiday season brings the memories of how we met. I am thankful for God's gift to me of him on the Day Jesus was born.

Daddy used to say " I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet." I am not where I want to be professionally yet and I want to be a homeowner in 2015 for real. I am however thankful for all the love, laughter and joy in my life presently.



No comments:

Post a Comment