Saturday, November 8, 2014

Autumn in New York

I know I haven't posted anything in quite along time. Life's everyday routine coupled with getting myself together has made me neglectful to my Blog. So many people find my words encouraging and inspiring. I appreciate everyone who is taking my journey with me.

When you are a writer and life's situations get to be overwhelming it is so therapeutic to express yourself through words. It is a great release because it allows you to vent and also find comfort by seeing your feelings come alive.

I am at a point in my life right now where I am trying to get myself together. Physically, emotionally and mentally. This weekend one of my oldest and dearest friends came to visit me. It was so needed. Touching base with someone who has known you from the beginning puts things in perspective.

I don't know everything. I am intelligent, some say even gifted but I am a novice at a lot of things. Times spent burning the proverbial midnight oil absorbing facts and figures leave little time to acquire some of the other life skills you need in order to be a well rounded person. As I age I am open to seeing other people's views and broadening my own horizons.

At the end of the day I am trying to not only survive but to thrive. I worry all the time mostly about things that in the grand scheme of things are so inconsequential. My late father was like that too and he missed out on so much joy waiting for the pain...

As the holidays approach I am thankful for my ability to reinvent myself. I am constantly changing. My Mother complimented me the other day and said I am not who I was three months ago. Not only physically but I am open to change. I crave it. I am working on being a better Kim and each day is better than the last. I am not a perfect person but my heart is kind and nothing will ever change that. There's a saying " There's no use crying over spilled perfume." Everything that happens to us happens and how we react, adapt and learn from it helps define who we are. Life is about growth and change. I am just thankful for my blessings and my journey-whatever comes....

No comments:

Post a Comment